Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Weather's Changing!

The weather is changing.  The days are short so it gets dark pretty early.  The air is turning colder and colder.  We might even have some wild weather heading our way.  So here's a rainbow of books all about the weather that you might like to read.  The first book, Wild Weather, is a book from one of my favorite nonfiction authors, Seymour Simon.  Our second graders are going to be reading this book in their anthologies as a part of Unit 3.  I'll tell you more about Seymour Simon in the next post!

Red:  Wild Weather by Seymour Simon
Yellow:  What Will the Weather Be? by Lynda DeWitt
Green:  Cloud Dance  by Thomas Locker
Green:  Water Dance  by Thomas Locker
Blue:  The Mitten by Jan Brett
Blue:  Blizzard by John Rocco
Purple:  Blizzard of the Blue Moon by Mary Pope Osborne

In the comments below tell us what you think.  Make sure you tell us which book or books you are talking about and include REASONS for your opinions.

28 comments:

  1. I like the mitten book because animals are going in a mitten. And I think that it is funny. James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the mitten to because it is a very small mitten with big animals going in the mitten.Maya

      Delete
    2. how can alot of animals fit in a very tiny mitten.Emily

      Delete
    3. Emily, the animals stretched it. Kelsey

      Delete
  2. I like the book blizzard because it snows a lot in the story and I like snow.
    Caleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caleigh i like bliserd because there is a lot of animals.Emily

      Delete
  3. I like the mitten because I know when i'm out in the cold I want a mitten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the book mitten because at the end when the mouse crald in and the bear snees and then all of the animals fly out. Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember reading this book in kindergarten but it was a different version of the book. Aidan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like when the rabbit squeezed his diggers in the mitten.ella

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the snow in the blizzard is 4 feet high.It is taller than him he was 10 years old.Grady

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read the book Wild Weather. Mia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the book because the mitten got so many aminals. Joe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the book blizzard because it is realistic fiction.Maya Plevier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maya i think i will like this book to because it looks fun! Emily

      Delete
  11. I like the mitten book because all the animals flew out the mitten.
    Caleigh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the book mitten because it is fiction. Amelia

      Delete
  12. I want to read the book water dance it looks cool! Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella I think it looks cool to because the illustrations. Emily

      Delete
  13. I like the water dace because I like the wether.declan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read blizzqrd at the blue moon.It was nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can,t wait to read What Will the Weather Be? Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder what the book wild weather would be like! ella

    ReplyDelete